HEVC/H.265 Video ES Viewer – The High Efficiency Video Coding Exposed
HEVC/H.265 Video ES Viewer Pro solution provides a structural representation of HEVC/H.265 (High Efficiency Video Coding) video elementary stream compliant with the JCT-VC specification. The application allows the user to investigate the video sequence parameter set, picture parameter set and video parameter set with their extensions and inner structures. Supported are HEVC/H.265 video elementary streams with, which have NAL unit separation with start code prefixes as per Annex B in the HEVC specification. The solution supports basic HEX data editing of Access Units.
HEVC/H.265 Video ES Viewer Pro also supports some video elementary stream manipulations, such as SEI messages removal, AUD removal and non-IDR slices removal. Additionally it supports HEVC/H.265 video elementary stream validation and verification, according to the JCT-VC specification.
Apart from the manual HEVC/H.265 video stream validation provided in the HEVC/H.265 Video ES Viewer Pro solution, Jongbel Media Solutions also provides automated HEVC/H.265 video validation in its Media Validator solution.
- Structural representation of HEVC/H.265 video elementary stream with start code prefix NAL unit separation;
- NAL units list view representation;
- NAL units tree view representation;
- Hex data representation of the file;
- Automatic hex positioning of the selected block;
- Hex data editing of the selected Access Unit (AU);
- Extraction of selected Access Unit into a separate file;
- SEI messages removal;
- non-TSA, non-STSA Slices removal;
- Sequence Parameter Set (SPS) removal;
- Picture Parameter Set (PPS) removal;
- Video Parameter Set (VPS) removal;
- Decoding to raw RGB32/YUY2;
- Video frame preview;
- HEVC/H.265 video elementary stream validation;
The following list contains some of the HEVC/H.265 video validation check groups used in the verification process:
- Corrupted video frames while decoding;
- Valid video frame resolution check;
- Changing video frame resolution check;
- Valid FPS check;
- Changing FPS check;
- Video Stream parameters information;
Not sure how HEVC/H.265 Video ES Viewer Pro will work for you?
or contact an expert to discuss your case.
HEVC/H.265 Video ES Viewer Pro’s General Info
The currently loaded file in HEVC/H.265 Video ES Viewer Pro can be validated by selecting “Validation” from the “Tools” menu.
All stream irregularities, such as incorrect video stream structures, errors during video frames decoding or invalid header values are output as Error Report. All irregularities, which are not pointed as mandatory in the corresponding specification, but have unusual content are output as Warning Reports. Additionally there is a set of Informational Reports, which deliver more detailed information about the file being examined, such as the video stream parameters, decoded frames count, etc.
Each HEVC/H.265 check can be disabled or enabled or set to another report type, such as Info, Warning or Error. The solution can be applied in wide variety of workflows and with many container format deviations due to its flexibility and customization ability.
The validation report output can be exported into XML report file, containing the full report information in standard XML format. This allows easy integration of the solution with any digital media workflow and further processing of the report information with any third party systems.
- Base NAL unit and Access Unit delimiter structure;
- Sequence Parameter Set (SPS);
- SPS vui parameters;
- SPS hrd parameters;
- Picture Parameter Set (PPS);
- Video Parameter Set (VPS);
- Slice Segment Header;
- Slice layer RBSP;
- Supplemental Enhancement Information (SEI) Message;
- Buffering Period SEI Message;
- Picture Timing SEI Message;
- Pan-Scan Rectangle SEI Message;
- User Data Unregistered SEI Message;
- Recovery Point SEI Message;
- Scene Information SEI Message;
- Full-Frame Snapshot SEI Message;
- Progressive Refinement Segment Start SEI Message;
- Progressive Refinement Segment End SEI Message;
- Film Grain Characteristics SEI Message;
- Post-Filter Hint SEI Message;
- Tone Mapping Info SEI Message;
- Frame Packing Arrangement SEI Message;
- Display Orientation SEI Message;
- SOP Description SEI Message;
- Active Parameter Set SEI Message;
Apple and QuickTime are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.